BF's @mrToby_Young & Sohini Biswas of @Skat_Limited spoke to @sookio @cambridge105 about the challenges of hiring… https://t.co/rnteLoWrm4
Tue Apr 06 10:07:22View all Tweets >
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
May 10, 2019
We have a long-standing commitment to promoting equality of opportunity, and this informs the way we run our business, manage our search processes and engage with the Cambridge business community and the wider UK technology sector. We are proud to have implemented a number of initiatives including:
- Women 4 Technology, founded in 2008 by Bailey Fisher’s founder Ann Fisher, as a business network for board members and senior leaders focused on celebrating the success of women in technology and increasing gender diversity within the sector. Quarterly events hosted in Cambridge & London. Annual event at the House of Lords where speakers have included Martha Lane Fox (technology entrepreneur & cross bench peer), Martina King (CEO, Featurespace), Shirin Dehghan (Founder, Arieso) and Olivia Breen (youngest London 2012 Paralympic medallist). We continue our involvement with Women 4 Technology as a shareholder and key supporter.
- Partnering with the University of Cambridge & Women 4 Technology on a unique UK/US research project exploring factors affecting the success of women in business, with the aim of suggesting ways to encourage women to pursue leadership roles. Results awaiting publication.
- Bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders to discuss diversity and inclusion at our Leadership Series. Recent events have focused on the advantages that different personalities and diversity of thinking can bring to a team; and an International Women’s Day discussion for Chair/NEDs, exploring diversity in business its broadest sense, including gender, ethnicity, age, education & background.
We are committed to partnering with our clients to build more diverse teams and implement more inclusive recruitment practices. Diversity has long been on the boardroom agenda, but women and individuals from BAME backgrounds, in particular, remain under-represented at board and senior management level. Many of our clients are actively looking to address this.
We strive to:
- Offer our clients the most qualified candidates based on their individual skills, aptitudes & abilities;
- Source candidates from diverse backgrounds to ensure that we present diverse long lists and short lists;
- Use gender neutral language in job descriptions and adverts.