Silicon Valley Comes to the UK 2016
TIME: 5.00pm - 6.30pm
VENUE: Cambridge Union Society, Debating Chamber
Bailey Fisher Executive Search was delighted to partner with Silicon Valley Comes the UK again to present the 2016 Cambridge events, bringing together international serial entrepreneurs with CEOs, founders, entrepreneurs and investors from the Cambridge ecosystem and wider UK technology sector.
SVC2UK Cambridge took place on 1 & 2 November 2016, commencing with “Artificial Intelligence: Impact on Industries by 2026”, on 1 November from 5.00pm – 6.30pm in the Debating Chamber at the Cambridge Union Society.
AI experts from the UK took to the stage alongside leading international entrepreneurs to offer a transatlantic perspective on the industries that will be transformed the most by artificial intelligence over the next 10 years. Guest speakers included:
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas – Machine Intelligence at Google
- Steven Abrams – VP at IBM Watson
- Andrew Blake – Director of the Alan Turing Institute
- Chris Bishop – Director of Microsoft Research UK
- Brian Forde – Director of Digital Currency at MIT Media Labs
- Jackie Hunter – CEO of Benevolent Bio
- Rose Luckin – Professor of Learner Centred Design at UCL Knowledge Lab
- David Cleevely – Serial entrepreneur, investor and adviser
- Moderator: David Rowan – Editor of WIRED UK
This event was followed by dinner for 100 invited guests, and business breakfast roundtables the following morning for 35 founders, serial entrepreneurs, investors and academics on Scaling AI in the UK.
The Cambridge events formed part of a larger programme of SVC2UK 10th anniversary events taking place across London, Cambridge and Manchester.