Cambridge tech at the forefront of the healthcare revolution - great to see this coverage of @CMRSurgical https://t.co/rBUgVxYtae
Mon Sep 16 12:04:12View all Tweets >
Life Sciences Leadership Dinner
Date: 11 June 2019
Bailey Fisher’s Life Sciences & Health Technology events are content-rich, peer-to-peer discussion forums for senior sector leaders and investors hosted by Iain Hopper, Director of Life Sciences & Health Technology at Bailey Fisher.
Our latest event took place in Cambridge. Iain welcomed Founders & C-suite leaders from growth companies across Life Sciences & Health Technology to discuss the benefits of accelerators for business success. The dinner was hosted in partnership with Nooman Haque, MD of Life Sciences at Silicon Valley Bank and Adrian Rainey, Partner at Taylor Wessing. We enjoyed hearing from Karolina Zapadka in relation to Accelerate@Babraham, Jason Mellad discussing Start Codon and Nate Mayfield providing fantastic insight into Illumina’s accelerator model and exciting plans for expansion. There was a real energy in the room and a great atmosphere which was very pleasing to see.
Highlights from discussion included:
- Are UK founders, companies, or even the wider ecosystem ambitious enough? How do you balance ambition with the need to be cautious and deliberate in healthcare?
- How do we address the scale-up challenge and foster an ecosystem focused on creating £1bn companies
- How do we recreate the “bottom up” enthusiasm for entrepreneurship that is so prevalent and infectious on the west coast of the US?
- What happens post-accelerator? Are we developing the companies with full foresight of the road and challenges ahead, e.g. will they be able to raise the VC round?
- Whilst funding is important, Founders and business leaders are crying out for guidance and mentorship from experienced business leaders on the practicalities of how to run and scale a business
- How do we better promote entrepreneurialism and communicate business acumen to scientists and academics?
The dinner took place in Cambridge as part of our Leadership Series for Founders & C-suite leaders. If you are interested in finding out more about future Life Sciences Leadership events, please contact Iain Hopper, Director of Life Sciences & Health Technology at Bailey Fisher.